Substance Abuse Prevention and Control

Interested in Becoming an SAPC Contracted Provider?
To become a contracted provider, please follow these instructions:

Step One: Register to become a Los Angeles County Vendor

To participate in County solicitations, register online at if you have not already done so. Though it will not automatically grant nor guarantee a County contract, registering online offers the following benefits:

  • Online access to County Open Bids
  • Placement on Bid Lists generated online by ALL County Departments looking for prospective vendors
  • Periodic notification by email on County Bids by specific commodities/services
  • Qualification to participate in the Small Business Enterprise Program

You are also encouraged to visit the County's Vendor Self-Service (VSS) Portal and view the Vendor Help Guide PDF document. The Vendor Self-Service (VSS) Portal allows registered Vendors to manage account information, view financial transactions and respond to solicitations online. The Vendor Help Guide provides ways to access needed information that would help enable the County to be more responsive to the Vendor’s inquiries.

If you have additional questions about registering your agency online, please contact Internal Services Department (ISD)’s Vendor Relations Office at (323) 267-2725, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm PT.

Step Two: Notify SAPC

Send SAPC a Letter of Intent to apply as a DMC provider.

Step Three: Obtain License and Certification from California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS)

A. DHCS Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) certification and/or license

Each agency-operated site must obtain AOD certification and, if residential, licensure.
  • Youth residential services require licensure from the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) instead of DHCS.
  • Residential treatment facilities must also complete the DHCS ASAM Residential Level of Care Designation Questionnaire and receive an American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Residential Designation for provided levels of care (LOC) (ASAM 3.1, 3.3, and/or 3.5). The questionnaire and related documentation are available at -Designation.aspx.
  • Withdrawal Management (1-WM, 2.1-WM, and 3.2-WM) in addition to the licensure/certification requirements listed above, must also have a Detox designation on their AOD license/certification.
  • Inpatient Withdrawal Management must be licensed by the California Department of Public Health to operate as a chemical dependency recovery hospital or free standing psychiatric facility.
  • Opioid treatment programs (OTP) must also complete the Narcotic Treatment Program Initial Application - DHCS 5014 to obtain DHCS OTP Certification. The application, instructions, and related documentation are available at

B. DHCS Drug Medi-Cal (DMC) certification

Each agency-operated site must obtain DMC certification for provided LOCs.

Step Four: Apply for SAPC Contract

Thank you for your interest in joining the County’s Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services Network. Our DMC Contract Application is being updated and will be posted soon. Please contact Contracts and Compliance Branch for additional guidance and information at

NOTE: Both the State and County processes typically take at least six months to one year to complete so it is essential to start this process early.


SAPC Network Provider Factsheets


Contact Us

Public Health has made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translation. However, no computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace traditional translation methods. If questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.
Los Angeles County Seal: Enriching lives through effective and caring services