Contact Tracing Dashboard
Current data reflects cases and contacts associated with cases
reported through 02/09/2021. Report Analysis Date: 02/15/2021.
(Data updated weekly every Wednesday)
Revised definitions that are in alignment with CDC ELC Metrics definitions
Total Number of Cases Assigned to Interviewer
7-Day Period1 (100.0%)
Cases that had
7-Day Period1 (98.5%)
Assigned Cases that Completed the Interview
7-Day Period1 (49.3%)
Number of Contacts Identified through Case Interviews
7-Day Period1 (100.0%)
Contacts that had
7-Day Period1 (86.1%)
Contacts that Completed the Interview
7-Day Period1 (72.2%)
|Number of confirmed cases prior to contact tracing system deployment (before April 6, 2020)4||n/a||5,311|
|Number of confirmed cases after April 6 system deployment5||26,654||1,101,621|
|Number of cases excluded6||3,899||75,637|
|Number of cases to be considered for case interview7||22,755||1,025,984|
|— Missing contact information8||260||11,039|
|Total Number of Cases Assigned to Interviewer||22,269||1,006,668|
(2) "Follow-up Initiated" means a telephone call was made to reach the case.
(3) "Follow-up Initiated" means a telephone call was made to reach the contact.
(4) Cases were uploaded to the contact tracing system starting April 6, 2020; earlier cases were tracked through a different process.
(5) Total number of cases is different than the reported current number of cases because cases are removed later if they are identified to be duplicates, out of jurisdiction, or false cases.
(6) Cases can meet more than one criterion and include cases at skilled nursing facilities, jails and prisons, and deceased people and persons with lab result dated 14 days prior to interview assignment.
(8) Cases missing phone numbers or with invalid phone numbers and referred for DMV/Lexis Nexis search and closed if unable to be located. Starting on 10/19/2020, the addition of the invalid phone numbers resulted in a one-time only cumulative increase in the count.
(9) Cases pending interviewer assignment (e.g. cases with newly found phone numbers from DMV/Lexis Nexis search and interviewer staffing factors)
(10) Cases are excluded prior to interview assignment if they are identified to be residents of congregate settings (SNFs, correctional facilities), non-LA County residents, received more than 14 days post specimen collection or had lab errors (i.e., negative test results). Starting on 10/19/2020, this new exclusion resulted in a one-time only cumulative increase in the count.
Note: PDF documents on this site were created using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or later. Document functionality may be reduced if you are using an earlier version (4.x or less). Get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Public Health has made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translation. However, no computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace traditional translation methods. If questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.