The TB Control Program Education and Evaluation Unit engages in proactively planning, developing, implementing and evaluating healthcare provider, patient and community training. These trainings are intended to increase awareness and knowledge of Latent TB infection and TB disease. Educational activities facilitate strategic planning efforts for human resource development in order to sustain a competent private sector and public health workforce and focus resources to address the educational needs of high risk populations within Los Angeles County.
In addition, the Education and Evaluation Unit ensures submittal of the Report of Verified Case of TB to the California State TB Branch and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. To this end, this Unit has assigned staff that provide liaison to each public health clinic, Ryan White-funded early intervention clinics and county hospitals for data collection, data entry, quality assurance and evaluation of progress toward meeting National TB performance indicator targets.
- Program Evaluation
- Community Outreach
- Performance Measures
- TB Education and Training
- Quality Assurance-accurate TB reporting activities
- Collaborative private sector and external partnerships
- Targeted TB Screening of high risk populations
- TBC Program Website maintenance
- TB Case Reporting to State and CDC
- Data entry into the TB registry information management system (TRIMS) / data processing files
- TB Policy and Guideline Development for LAC