DPH CLINICAL CONSULT LINES
Clinical consults for health care providers are available from DPH Programs on reportable communicable diseases, including TB and STDs, as well as for veterinary public health consults. The Public Health Laboratory will also take lab-related queries from providers.
- Business hours (Monday to Friday 8am-5pm) - call the consult phone lines below
- Non-business hours (Monday to Friday 5pm-8am and weekends/holidays) - call 213-974-1234 and ask for the physician on call.
Acute Communicable Diseases (except STDs and TB): (213) 240-7941
Sexually Transmitted Diseases: (213) 744-3106
Tuberculosis: (213) 745-0800
Note: this starts as a phone tree-- after the message starts, press #1 and then #1 again for medical consultation.
Veterinarian-On-Call: (213) 989-7060
For animal bite, rabies, animal disease consultation or reporting
Public Health Lab: (562) 658-1330
For laboratory related questions including test services, technical consultation, test interpretation, results, and referral reference testing to CDC
or CA Dept. of Public Health.
NON-DPH CLINICAL CONSULT LINES
- HIV/AIDS Care Consultation: (800) 933-3413
- Post-Exposure/PEP Consultation: (888) 448-4911
- Perinatal HIV Consultation: (888) 448-8765
- Pre-Exposure/PrEP Consultation: (855) 448-7737