Community Partners represent a diverse group of community-based organizations, private health care systems, educational institutions, faith-based organizations, businesses, women’s programs, and professional associations that are important stakeholders in Los Angeles County. These Partners constitute a network for the distribution of multi-lingual educational material, referrals and services for screenings and treatment, and health-related activities.
The Partners provide direct links to the community—their constituencies include targeted racial/ethnic groups, languages, and special populations. In addition, Community Partners provide a depth of knowledge about diverse populations and their needs that enable the Office of Women’s Health to test messages and concepts.
Specific activities a Community Partner might undertake include:
Community Partners in the Cervical Cancer Initiative
Partners in the Prevention Matters! Campaign
- Accepting patient referrals for screenings through the OWH toll-free hotline (1-800-793-8090).
- Participating in health fairs, community dialogues and other community events.
- Organizing educational/provider training for staff.
- Distributing educational materials to patients/clients/members, and/or working with the Office of Women’s Health in any other way that is appropriate for your agency.
- Collaborating with the OWH on funding opportunities, community dialogues and other events.
- Participating in quarterly meetings and training sessions with other Community Partners to identify issues, barriers, solutions, and resources.
- Printing articles in newsletters and other communication vehicles.